Application Deadline: April 15, 2019
Include the following materials with your completed application form:
- A copy of your most recent academic transcript (unofficial is fine)
(Transcript must be uploaded under "Transcript" on Handshake.)
- Two samples of your scholarly writing, submitted as one file (7- 15 pages, combined)
(Writing samples must be uploaded as one document under "Other Document" on Handshake.)
- A letter of recommendation from a UNT instructor who knows you and your writing well.
(Choose a UNT instructor to ask for a recommendation letter. They will be emailed a request.)
To be hired, you must also:
- Have and maintain at least a 3.25 GPA (exceptions may be made in certain circumstances).
- Complete and pass UNT's mandatory employment background check.
- Meet the university's guidelines for active academic enrollment.
- Have and maintain good standing with UNT, free of disciplinary warnings, probation, or suspension.
- Attend an orientation meeting in late August before classes start.
- Enroll in English 4240/5240, Writing Center Theory and Practice.
Thanks for your interest in working at the UNT Writing Center!