THANKSGIVING WEEK IN-PERSON AND ONLINE TUTORING HOURS:
Sunday, November 21| 5 p.m until 9 p.m. Willis Library 250C in-person walk-ins only. No online appointments.
Monday, November 22 and Tuesday, November 23 | 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Wednesday, November 24 | 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Thursday, November 25 and Friday, November 26 | Closed
Sunday, November 28 | 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Willis Library 250C in-person walk-ins only. No online appointments.
FINALS WEEK IN-PERSON AND ONLINE TUTORING HOURS:
Sunday, December 5 | 5 p.m. until 9 p.m. Willis Library 250C in-person walk-ins only. No online appointments.
Monday, December 6 and Tuesday, December 7 | 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Wednesday, December 8 | 9 a.m. until 5 p.m. No Willis Library 250C hours.
Thursday, December 9 | 9 a.m. until 12 p.m.
Friday, December 10 | Closed until January 18, 2022.
The Writing Center is available for both in-person and online appointments.
We offer online tutoring through UNT's Zoom portal. From this website, you and a tutor can share and mark your paper while chatting live, either through a chat box or video. Our online tutoring service allows you to discuss a paper or to ask questions from the comfort of your own home or office--anywhere you have an internet connection.
Tutoring sessions last one hour for both undergraduate students and graduate students.
We are also offering in-person tutoring sessions at our Sage 150 location and at Willis 250C (Sunday-Thursday from 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.).
Our regular Fall 2021and Spring 2022 hours of operation are as follows:
Monday - Thursday | 9 a.m. until 9 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. until 3 p.m.
Willis Library 250C (Walk-ins only; In-person only)
Sunday-Thursday | 5 p.m. until 9 p.m.
For online tutoring appointments:
- You can log on from your home or office for an online, live, interactive tutoring session.
- You and your tutor can chat in real time, either through a chat box or video. Please let us know which you prefer when scheduling your appointment.
- You can mark up your paper using drawing tools
- You can edit the text of your paper with the tutor's help
- UNT ID (Example: 12345678)
- Your email address
- Your phone number
- Your classification (undergraduate student or graduate student; graduate students should email requests for online tutoring to GradWriting@unt.edu)
- Your major
- Time and date you want to schedule your session
- Class for which you're writing the paper
- Name of the assignment
- Citation style you're using for this paper (APA, Chicago Manual of Style, MLA)
- Digital copy of the paper
- Whether you would prefer a video-based session or a chat box-based session
At the Time of Your Online Tutoring Session
To get the most out of your online tutoring session, you will need to actively participate in the session by asking and replying to questions. For chat box-based sessions, our online tutoring sessions are in a virtual "chat" room; you'll see a dialog box where you can type questions and receive answers from the tutor. To begin your online tutoring session:
- Open your email.
- Look for an email from the tutor with the subject line "Invitation to Online Tutoring."
- Click on the link to your Zoom meeting.
- If your session is video-based, turn on your camera and microphone. If your session is chat-based, look in the chat box for a greeting from your tutor. In either case, the tutor's webcam will be enabled.
- Participate in your session by asking questions and giving feedback.
- Look for an email from us with a copy of your paper with comments and/or track changes once your session is over.