Spring Semester Hours of Operation
Sage Hall, Room 150
Monday--Thursday | 9 a.m. to 9 p.m.
Friday | 9 a.m. to 3 p.m.
Willis Library, Room 250C
Sunday-Thursday | 5 p.m. to 9 p.m. (walk-ins only)
Follow the instructions here to set up an online appointment. Online Appointment hours are the same as for our Sage location.
At the UNT Writing Center, we offer free writing tutoring to all currently enrolled UNT students in all disciplines and at all stages of their academic careers--from English composition students to graduate students writing theses and dissertations. We do more than merely proofread; we teach you strategies and techniques to improve your writing for the long term.
We offer the following:
- Undergraduate students receive one hour, daily, of one-on-one tutoring at Sage Hall, Room 150
- Undergraduate students receive 30 minutes of one-on-one tutoring at Willis Library, Room 250C (walk-ins only)
- Undergraduate students receive one hour, daily, of one-on-one tutoring using our online tutoring service
- Graduate students receive 1 hour of one-on-one tutoring at Sage Hall, Room 150
- Graduate students receive 1 hour of online tutoring using our graduate tutoring service. Contact GradWriting@unt.edu to schedule an online appointment.
- Engineering graduate students receive 1 hour of one-on-one tutoring at Discovery Park Library B112. Contact WritingCenter-DP@unt.edu.
You may have up to one hour of tutoring per day (30 minutes maximum at Willis Library).
For best results, bring your professor's requirements for the assignment with you. Our sessions start on the hour and on the half hour. We accept both appointments and walk-ins at our Sage Hall, Room 150 location. However, to ensure time with a tutor, we recommend setting an appointment. To make an appointment, you may
- Come see us at the Writing Center in Sage Hall, Room 150
- Call us at 940.565.2563